• You must maintain at least a C average in this class to be allowed to use a personal electronic device during this class period. If you get a D or an F for a grading period, then you are not allowed to have a cell phone, tablet, or other electronic device at ANY time during the class period until you rise to a C or better the next grading period. First offense and every offense will result in a disciplinary referral.
• Any possession of a cell phone or other electronic device in this class is based on your understanding and agreement that you are expected to check the class blog on a regular basis and keep up with any missed work that is posted there. Again, if you choose to bring a phone to this class, you commit to keep up with missed assignments/work that are posted on the class blog. Failure to do so results in either a zero/partial credit on those assignments or forfeit of device possession for the remainder of the school year—your choice.
• Devices are to be used for academic and not personal reasons during instructional/work time.
• All devices must be set to silent and strobe notifications turned off while in Mr. Tucker’s room.
• When you come into the room, any ear buds/headphones are removed from your ears.
• Devices are not used to photograph, film, or record any person or class activity without the
permission of Mr. Tucker and of those involved. Also, understand that taking photos of the white board is permitted, but you will not move from your seat or cause any disruptions when attempting to do so.
• Devices are required to have OneNote installed. If not, you will lose device privileges.
• You must know how to use the calendar/planner feature of your phone.
• If asked to put your device away at any time during the class period, you will comply
promptly and quietly.
• You will hand over your device WITHOUT DRAMA or DELAY if ever asked to do so. (Because you are in violation.) Understand that it will stay in Mr. Tucker’s desk until after the bell rings to end class, at which point you can get it back.
• If you don’t agree with any of these terms, you can opt out of the contract by choosing to NOT bring any electronic devices into this classroom. Violations of these policies may result in a disciplinary referral without prior warning or notification.